Embellished by nature and history, Pachmarhi is known as 'Satpura ki Rani' (Queen of Satpura) amongst the Satpura range. In 1857, Captain James Forsyth discovered this place. This beautiful hill station of MP is an abode of ancient caves of the Buddhist era residing in harmony with serene waterfalls.
It is believed that Pandava brothers with their wife visited Pachmarhi during their exile. The Pandavas were required to spend a year in anonymity as a part of their exile. They excavated '5', means 'Pach' in Hindi, 'caves', which means 'marhi', for their shelter. These caves are still in existence and have gained popularity as a tourist place.